3.31.2011

Asay's 1st Birthday!

TJ's parents put on a little party a couple weeks before Asay's birthday because they were not going to be able to make it to her big party. It was pretty eventful. She burned her fingers on the candle in her cupcake (what where we thinking even using a candle) and was a little cranky for the first part but when she was opening gifts she was a new girl.

Grandma and Grandpa Morton got her this tricycle. She doesn't really understand how to use it but she loves sitting on it and playing with the streamers.
Cousin Shanda


Asay's birthday was on the 21st but we celebrated on the 26th. We were hoping for warm weather so we could have it at the awesome park behind our condo but of course it snowed the night before. Our condo is way to small for all the people we invited so by default, we were at the church. It turned out great though.





I found out that one of the girls I visit teach makes cakes. She is awesome. She made Asay's cake and it turned out so much cooler then I had expected. Thanks again Whitney:)


So my brother Rob kept giving me crap for all the pink and green polka dot stuff so I had to snap a picture of him holding his cute plate:)
Asay with Aunt Krisit and cousing Madison.

The birthday girl!


With auntie Karen
So first of all, I just love this picture of my mom holding a knife. My mom was such a huge help with the party and keeping me calm. We were running behind(who me?... I am never late) and she took over and made all the cupcakes and tons of the food.




Asay loved this little stuffed poodle. My niece, Jean, bought this for her at her school auction. She was so excited for Asay to open this gift she asked me if she could open it first. Afterwards my sister told me to wash it because this auction was a "bring something from home" type of deal. Nothing new allowed.


Tiarra made this cute headband for her. She also took most of these pictures because I had forgotten our video camera and forgot to charge my snap shot camera.
She took her sweet time getting into her cake.




The damage


Will and Tiarra:)



I had so much fun making the decorations for Asay's party. I was super proud of how good the picture frames turned out. We totally appreciate everyone who came and helped out. I love this little girl so much and I can't believe how fast this past year has gone.

8 comments:

Markelle said...

everything looked so good vern! Asay has the cutest smile...love your hair too.

Stan & Ash said...

Awe she is adorable!!!! I love all her headbands where do you get them!?!?!?
Your family is the cutest ! I love all the decorations!

Spencer and Elissa Drake said...

What a cutie! we love having her in our family!! I can't believe she's already 1. time flies!

Tiarra said...

You really did such an awesome job on her party V!!! YOu're such a good mommy to throw her such a cute 1st party! :)

Veronica and TJ said...

Thanks Ashely and to answer your question... I get a lot of her headbands from my friend Tiarra. She is on etsy. her stuff is called Astoria. I got her cute pink one from Old Navy.

Dave and Alisha said...

NO wonder you were stressing over this party. It was/is AMAZING. Great job I love it, and those frames are awesome I saw some like them on a craft blog and wanted to make them but just didnt follow through {but now I know you can do it;)} but really it turned out great.

Emily and Casey Hansen said...

You did such an amazing job on her party! I can't believe how cute everything turned out! And Asay is such a doll!

kristi said...

You did great on props. The cake was so cute. I had fun. It was good for me to get away from Vernal. Hope that you guys well come to Lagoon!! Madison wants Asay to be there :)