3.30.2011

14th Day

14 Day- Pictures of family


I may have gone overboard but I love my family and in-laws.

The Shumway clan at my baby shower. My brother Jason and my brother-in-law Chris are missing but this was the most recent Shumway family picture.


Here are my parents and siblings minus Jason at Thanksgiving 2 years ago. I don't think you can see it very well but my dad's shirt has a can of beans on it and it says "I make my own gas." So John:)
This is my big brother Jason. He died 5 days after he turned 28. That was 11 years ago. My biggest regret with Jason is that I never got the chance to know him as an adult. I myself had just turned 15 and was selfish and insecure. I wish he could know me now that I have had a chance to mature a bit. I love and miss him like crazy.


My cute family at the temple.



Asay and her Shumway cousins at her birthday party.

Star Wars is a big deal in my family so here we are at the Chinese Theatre posing with the Star Wars handprints or footprints. Whichever.


The Morton Family minus a few little ones. I had a more current picture from Asay's blessing but somehow it got erased from our hard drive. I was pretty angry when I realized we had lost a ton of our pictures. That is a totally different story though. Just had to vent for a second.


Asay with her Morton cousins.


I had to throw in a picture with Bauer. He got the shaft big time when Asay was born but we still love our little guy.

4 comments:

Jake and Kelsey said...

I love your blog challenge! It's so fun to see all the pictures of your family. Hope you are doing well!!!!!

The Mortons said...

Vern.. I'm loving your little blog challenges! When are you coming to Vernal? Are you in Vernal? I really want to get together and do lunch or something. I can't believe it's been 11 years since Jason has passed.. WOW! I remember always going in and hanging out with him and just cracking up. He was so funny and entertaining.. Love ya girl and seriously call or send me a text when your in town.

kristi said...

looking at the picture of all of us we have a big Shumway Clan WOW! hopefully it keeps getting bigger :) I'm sure some how Jason can see how you've change and I have change!! I know he looks down on his family and the ones he loved seeing what there up to and making sure were safe and sound. His are angel looking out for us. I love all the pictures.

Orencole Family said...

It's so crazy how time flys! Asay is so stinkin' cute! I just want to pinch her cheeks. It feels like just yesterday you brought her home!
You guys look adorable as always!