1.28.2010

surgery is the worst!




For those of you who had kids before pets... you may think this post is stupid and that I should be over it already. So this is for those of you out there that love your dogs like they are your kids. About a week ago, Chloe started getting sick. It started with some whinning and what TJ and I like to call "asthma attacks". They started getting more frequent and then the throw up started. The poor girl threw up after every meal for a day in a half before we decided to take her to the vet. They ran blood tests to make sure she didn't have any sickness or disease of some kind and then proceeded with x-rays. They found a mass in her stomach that we assumed was raw hide. They had her on a cleanse which basicly meant we starved her for 24 hours before reintroducing chicken broth. She continued to throw up the broth... so last night around 6:00 they did surgery to remove the blockage in her stomach. Here are her battle wounds.

8 comments:

Markelle said...

awe, that's rough...I completely understand. Sam had a heart murmur when he was a pup so we opted for surgery and let me tell you that was pricey. but I would do it again.

Chelsie said...

That is so sad! We have been through similar problems with our dogs and it's so sad to see them so miserable and you can't do much about it! Good luck!

Candice said...

AWWWWWEEE that is so sad :( Her poor little eyes look glassed over! I'm so glad that they figured out what the problem was in time. I have taken Lucy to the vet a number of times when she was a puppy because she kept eating stuff. I use to keep a blanket in her crate but when I came home one day and she had eaten half of it I through it out. Luckly she through up a lot of it and pooed the rest out not without difficulty. That part was kind of funny just because it surved her right. LOL Oh that sounded mean. Lucy is getting fixed next week and I'm a nervious wreck. I know that's just a normal procedure, but still don't want her to hurt non the less. Its amazing how you can care so much for the cute cuddley animals.

The Mortons said...

That is so sad! I would be heart broken if my little (BIG) baby had to go into surgery. I mean I cried when I had to leave him over night when we got him fixed ={{ It breaks my heart when they get sicky cause they really are just like kids.. they can't tell you what's wrong with them. I love my dog so much so I totally feel your pain.. heart breaking ={{ I hope she heals fast and can get back to feeling good again.

kristi said...

Sorry about Chloe!!!!! I'm glad you guys took her to the doctors on time!!!!! Chloe is the cutest ever. Gross pictures by the way. but I'm glad every thing well be O Kay with her!!!!! I remember we took Shadow to get fix and we brought her home we thought she was dead she really wouldn't move or any thing so mom pick her up took her back to the doctor and he said shadow probably didn't handle pain very good but she's moving around now and is happy. It's true your animals become like your family your kids there a part of you and you get sad when some thing happens.

Tiarra said...

Poor Baby!!! This makes me so sad for little Chloe, she is such a sweetheart, and already always has sad puppy eyes, but she looks super sad in these :( So was it really rawhide???

Fredia said...

OUCH!! That is so sad! I hope she is feeling better very soon. By the way I don't think it's stupid to worry about your animals. They are very much a part of the family.

Stan & Ash said...

aww sad!! I totally know what you mean ,, we have two dogs and we treat them like they are people most of the time! And we have had numerous little hospital visits from them! Good luck i hope the recovery and all goes good!