9.04.2009

Prego Details

This post is especially for my cousin Candice (who is only a few weeks ahead of me and wanting to know all the specifics) and anyone else who cares. I got my first ultrasound on August 27th. A friend in our ward just had a baby and recommended her doctor to me. So not being from Logan I took her advice and so far things are good. Going into the appointment I thought I was a day over 11 weeks. I found out however that the baby only measured 9 weeks and 4 days. So as you may imagine I was a little disappointed (that meant I had to be sick a week 1/2 longer then I had expected). Other then that, everything went really well. I forgot and the doctor forgot to give me my new due date but TJ and I are guessing March 28th or 29th. Just a funny little story... As I was waiting there on the table half naked, the nurse came in and said my female doctor had been paged for delivery. I totally understood(that may happen to others when it is my turn) and figured we would have to reschedule. She said she would try to find someone who could do the ultrasound because I was already there and "prepped":) TJ and I were fine with that. She came back a few minutes later saying there was a male P.A. that had time to do it. I was prepared for a woman so it took me a second to get a handle on that but we decided to go ahead. Then she said "by the way he has a male student with him...Do you mind if he comes in and observes." No big deal! Anyways it all turned out and thats the only way they learn right!

7 comments:

The Mortons said...

haha.. that little story is funny. That happend to my sister in-law when she went to her first doctors appointment. I thought that I was farther along then what they told me too so I was also a little disappointed and was sicker then what I wanted to be. How are you doing though? Have you been sleeping so much.. I still don't feel like I've gotten a lot of energy back and I still sleep quite a bit. But I'm only 14 almost 15 weeks a long if the baby weren't a boy I don't think that they would have been able to tell. But I really wanted to find out so we gave it shot, plus I know a lot of people that find out when their 14 wks. I can't wait to hear what your having.. I can't believe that we are so close, it's so cool. I hope everything goes good for you and that you start feeling better sooner then later.

Melanie said...

I totally know the disapiontment of not being as far as you thought. We thought I was 13 weeks and was only 11 weeks for our first ultra sound. It sounds like it happens that way for everyone. I love the boy doc story. Especially with the student. I hate feeling like an assignment or project. haha! But your right, they have to learn somewhere.

kristi said...

I must say: It was really weird seeing you and Tj with some baby stuff! if you thought it was weird when you saw me. It's diffitently weird seeing the both of you! but of course in a very excitingly way! :)

Deets Family said...

How funny!! By the end you won't care who is on the other end!?!? Sorry that you have been sick, that is never fun. Hopefully things will get better soon!! Congrats again!!

Candice said...

Thanks!!!!!!! I'm so glad you posted the details just for me :) You are brave having the student come in. My husbands in school and I think I would have said forget it :) I had a ultra sound tech student in there for mine and I lived it because we can to watch longer and hear the heart beat a few times. I'm so excited for yall. Ummm so why is my tummy so big and you haven't said one thing about showing yet. Does your pants at least feel tighter?

Paul and Carly said...

I am so excited for you guys and that is way funny about the doctors office. Thanks again so much you guys for coming out to visit me... sorry that I was having such a hard day. It is getting easier and hurting less and less. I will never step on a crack again now that I know how bad it sucks to have a broken back. Thanks again for all your love and support. I'll talk to you soon! I need to update our blog... I'll work on it next week... got nothing better to occupy my time!

Congrats again!
Carly

Markelle said...

so when do we find out the sex? thats the good stuff and bless you for finding out. I don't think I could stand it if you weren't! me thinks its a boy:)